ANNOUNCEMENT (February 2019)
The English translations of the following documents from CHINA must be Notarized and duly certified by both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & the Malaysian Embassy/Consulate in China:
-Civil Mediation Certificate
-Civil Judgment Certificate
ANNOUNCEMENT (January 2019)
For those who wish to engage Joy-Stay to get new visa endorsements, transfer & extend MM2H Pass to new passports, or other matters related to the Immigration, please contact us in advance for appointments because the waiting hours are long and we can only do limited cases per day. Our appointments are based on first-come-first -served basis.
ANNOUNCEMENT (January 2019)
We introduced the Agent Appointment Fee @ RM800 due after we receive the signed MAAA (MM2H Agent Appointment Agreement) to ensure that the clients who appoint Joy-Stay as their MM2H Agent are genuine. This fee is part of our total fee stated in the signed MAAA.
ANNOUNCEMENT (December 2018)
The MM2H Office announced that 75% of the minimum income (RM10K) must come from either Salary or Pension. In other words, applications with income mainly from rentals & bank interests will not be acceptable.
ANNOUNCEMENT (October 2018)
The Director of the MM2H Centre from the Ministry of Tourism announced that all new MM2H applications (from Committee Meeting No. 14 onwards) would be further scrutinized by our Ministry of Home Affairs. This is relevant to all new applications submitted from end of April/early May 2018 (with MM2H Reference No. 36XXX which have not been approved yet) are still pending approvals by the Home Ministry.
ANNOUNCEMENT (September 2018)
The Road Transport Department Malaysia (Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia, JPJ) has suspended the conversion of Foreign Driving License to Malaysian Driving License.
ANNOUNCEMENT (September 2018)
The MM2H Immigration Unit no longer accepts application to renew the MM2H Conditional Approval Letter (MCAL) after the expiration date.
ANNOUNCEMENT (October 2017)
The Ministry of Finance announced in October 2017 that the tax free car incentive is abolished and this new rule is applicable for all new MM2H applicants with immediate effect.
ANNOUNCEMENT (08 June 2017)
Effective 8 June 2017, MM2H Centre only accepts original LGC issued by Police or Security Agencies from Applicant's Country of Origin or Country of Domicile. LGC issued by Embassy or Consulate is NOT acceptable for the MM2H Application.
MM2H Centre does not accept applications with incomplete documents and applications which do not meet the financial requirements .
ANNOUNCEMENT (effective from 01 January 2017)
Applications approved for category Age Above 50 must agree to place RM150K in FD under lien in a bank in Malaysia.
ANNOUNCEMENT (effective from July/Aug 2016)
Processing Time of MM2H Application: The Ministry and Immigration Department do not disclose nor guarantee the exact dates on the issuance of the results for each application.
Based on the past performance since July/August 2016 by the authorities, the estimated processing time has been about 6 months from the Date of Submission.
ANNOUNCEMENT (effective from July 2012, MM2H Centre)
All MM2H applicants must submit the latest 3 months bank account statements that indicate the latest 3 months deposit of monthly income (either from salary/ rental/ interest earned/ shares/ etc or government-approved pensions).
ANNOUNCEMENT (December 2011, Immigration Department)
Letter of Good Conduct (LGC)
LGC which is not in the English language must be translated by authorized translator and duly certified by the applicant's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and further certified by our Malaysian Embassy. The certified LGC must be attached with the original LGC accordingly.
ANNOUNCEMENT (August 2011)
The Ministry of Tourism & MM2H Immigration Unit are moved to Putrajaya permanently.
New address for both MM2H Centre and MM2H Immigration Unit as below:
Ministry of Tourism Malaysia
Level 10, No. 2, Menara 1, Jalan P5/6
Presint 5, 62200 PUTRAJAYA
ANNOUNCEMENT ( By the Immigration Unit, PWTC, November 2009)
Please be informed that the issuance of ID cards for MM2H participants is temporarily suspended due to technical problems until further notice.
ANNOUNCEMENT ( By the MM2H Centre, July 2009)
Please be informed that the Letter of Good Conduct is mandatory for all new applications submitted either directly by applicants or through licensed MM2H agents.
ANNOUNCEMENT (By the Ministry of Tourism, 01 April 2009)
1) UPON APPROVAL (FIXED DEPOSITS) for New Applicants after 1 April 2009
a) Aged Below 50 years old :
- After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to MYR150K for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
- Participant must maintain a minimum balance of MYR150K from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme.
b) Aged 50 years and above :
- After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criterion of MYR150K can withdraw up to MYR50K for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
- Participant must maintain a minimum balance of MYR100K from the second year onwards and throughout his/her stay in Malaysia under this programme
c) For All Ages:
- Approved participants who have purchased and owned property which were bought at MYR1million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of MYR100K or MYR150K. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his/her participation in MM2H programme.
2) DIRECT APPLICATION only
a) Applicants applying directly are required to fulfill the Security Bond conditions for each participant and dependent :
- The Security Bond form with stamp duty paid.
- The Security Bond can be in the form of a Banker's Guarantee/Bank Draft/Money Order placed with bank in Malaysia and made payable to the "KETUA PENGARAH IMIGRESEN MALAYSIA."
- The Bond form can be withdrawn if the participant/dependent decides to exit from the MM2H Programme.
- The amount chargeable is according to Country of Origin of the participant : Please click here to view the Security Bond ; Kindly double check with the Ministry of Tourism for updated information. (Ranging between MYR200-MYR2000 per person)
3) ALL NEW APPLICATIONS
- Letter of Good Conduct from your relevant government agency.
- Self Declaration on your/dependents health conditions.
- Statutory Declaration by applicant to bear all expenses and financial requirements during the stay in Malaysia for dependents.
- Bank Authorization Letter from applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre to verify the financial documents with the relevant financial institutions.
ANNOUNCEMENT (By the Ministry of Tourism, 13 February 2009)
In line with the Immigration Circular No. 6 of 2009, the following improvements have been made to the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme, with effect from 13 February 2009:
1. Qualified MM2H participants aged 50 and above with specialized skills and expertise that are required in the critical sectors of the economy, are allowed to work not more than 20 hours per week.
The approval to work part-time is subject to the following conditions: a) the application is approved by the MM2H Special Committee; b) the work contract needs to state that the MM2H participant is working part time and to attach the work schedule; and c) total number of hours of week does not exceed 20 hours.
2. MM2H participants are allowed to invest and actively participate in business, subject to existing Government policies, regulations and guidelines which are in force for the relevant sectors.
3. Foreign spouses of Malaysian nationals are eligible to apply for MM2H, subject to the terms and conditions of the MM2H programme. Alternatively, they have the option to apply for the Spouse Programme.
4. The 10-year Social Visit Pass is extended to all Silver Haired and MM2H participants who were previously approved under the 5-year Social Visit Pass, subject to the validity of their passports.
5. Employment Pass holders who wish to participate in the MM2H programme are exempted from the “cooling off period” on the condition that their application to participate in MM2H programme is submitted 3 months before the expiry of the Employment Pass.
6. Age limit of unmarried dependent children is raised from 18 years to 21 years. A declaration stating that the child is unmarried and all expenses during the stay in Malaysia will be borne by the principal participant of the MM2H program is required.
7. ‘Dependants’ include unmarried children aged 21 years and below, step-children, disabled children and parents.