JOY-STAY'S RULES OF THUMB ON HOW TO QUALIFY FOR MM2H
UPON APPLICATION STAGE
- Show over MYR500K cash-in-bank with latest 3 months statements.
- Show over MYR10K monthly salary with latest 3 months statements.
- Agree to place MYR300K in Fixed Deposit under lien in Malaysia.
- Show over MYR350K cash-in-bank with latest 3 months statements.
- Show over MYR10K monthly income*** with latest 3 months statements.
- Agree to place MYR 150K in Fixed Deposit under lien in Malaysia.
- Application with monthly pension must comply with the above FD placement.
After fulfilling the above terms and conditions and obtaining the MM2H Conditional Approval Letter from the Immigration Department; successful applicants will then need to abide by the following conditions:
How Do You Qualify For MM2H Programme ?
For 50 & Above : Applicants who receive Government Pensions must comply with the Fixed Deposit placement upon receipt of the Ministry's approval.
"Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves for 10 years on this programme in Malaysia, without the need to work in the country. Besides fulfilling the basic financial criteria of Fixed Deposit placement of MYR150K (for those aged 50 and above) or MYR300K (for those aged below 50), applicants should furnish documentation on their financial position to strengthen their applications"
Our rule of thumb to view if you are eligible to apply for the MM2H status :
Last updated: 30 March, 2019
Images & Photographs : Courtesy of TOURISM MALAYSIA
Website Designed and Hosted by JOY-STAY (MM2H) SDN BHD (748840-U) Copyright © 2006-2019 All Rights Reserved.
Announcements from Ministry of Tourism Malaysia:
- The required fixed deposits must be done in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) in any financial institutions, including foreign banks with local branches in Malaysia. Any amounts beyond the stated requirement can be made in most foreign currencies.
- Participants must obtain prior written approval from Ministry of Tourism before proceed to withdraw the fixed deposit.
- Participants under this programme may withdraw their entire fixed deposit anytime with prior written approval from the Ministry of Tourism should they decide to terminate their stay in Malaysia under this programme.
- All applicants and their dependents (spouse and children) are required to submit a MM2H medical report from any private hospital / registered clinic in Malaysia.
- Approved participants and dependents (spouse and children) must possess a valid medical insurance policy which is applicable in Malaysia.
Participants under Malaysia My Second Home Programme are not allowed to work/be employed while staying in Malaysia except those who were issued special work permits.
In addition, they should not participate in activities that can be considered as sensitive to the local people and a threat to the security of the country.
*** INCOME = IF retired, applicants can submit monthly income from various sources. 70% of the minimum income (RM10K) must come from the Principal (Main Applicant).